Emergency support for individuals and families.
Danielle's Helping Hand Fund is a one-time, supplemental fund to help local low-income individuals and families with emergency situations. Community members can apply to the fund for assistance by completing the application. All applications to DHHF are confidential.
Click this link to download the application form, or confidentially contact email@example.com to pick up a hard copy from the box outside the 7th Day Adventist Church at 4880 Manson Ave.
Who can apply
To qualify for Danielle's Helping Hand Fund, you must:
- Live in Powell River, Tla'amin, or the qathet Regional District.
- Not have received funding through Danielle's Helping Hand before.
- Be low-income and provide a copy of last year's income tax statement showing Line 150. (More information in application form.)
- Have a quote/exact amount for the expense that can be paid directly to a third-party providing the product or service. (We do not pay individuals directly.)
Types of expenses
We will consider applications for any emergency expenses that constitute basic needs, with the exception of food (click here for the Powell River Food Bank and here to find free and low-cost meals). Eligible expenses include but are not limited to medical equipment, dentures, emergency dental procedures, other medical expenses not covered by MSP, rent, emergency mobile home repairs, utility bills, family accompaniment for travel, etc. If approved, payment will be made directly to the third party providing the product or service (i.e. dental clinic, rental agency/landlord, utility company, etc.).
How to apply
Powell River & District United Way offers Danielle’s Helping Hand Fund (DHHF) to our community in partnership with the 7th Day Adventist Church. Here's how to apply:
- Click here to download and pring the application form, or pick one up from the box outside the 7th Day Adventist Church (4880 Manson Ave.).
- Fill out the form and gather and print all supporting documents. If printing is difficult for you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
- Drop your application form and supporting documents in the drop-box outside the 7th Day Adventist Church at 4880 Manson Ave, Powell River, BC V8A 3N7. See map below.
- Powell River & District United Way will confidentially assess your application for eligibility.
- If your application for assistance should be approved, 7th Day staff will connect with you directly to let you know.